List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tompkins Neil Date:October 15 2010 10:21am
Subject:Re: Backing up MySQL using PHPMyAdmin problem with UTF-8
View as plain text
I managed to use the older version of MySQL Administrator 1.2.15 and it
appears to back up find using InnoDB online backup.

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 6:56 PM, Michael Dykman <mdykman@stripped> wrote:

> I have had this problem with PHPMyAdmin many times, and the only way I
> know around it, is to go in and do your dump at the console.  PHP does
> not deal with UTF very well.
>
>  - michael dykman
>

> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 5:48 AM, Tompkins Neil
> <neil.tompkins@stripped> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using PHP MyAdmin to backup my MySQL database.  The database is of
> > type InnoDB
> > and encoding used is utf8_unicode_ci.  The variables are set as follows :
> >
> > *MySQL connection collation: **utf8_unicode_ci*
> > *MySQL charset: **UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)*
> > *character set client: utf8*
> > *character set connection: utf8*
> > *character set results: utf8*
> > *collation connection: **utf8_unicode_ci*
> >
> > The problem I have is that the foreign characters like ăÿć etc are being
> > backed up as scrambled non-readable characters.  Any ideas why this is
> > happening ??  Are there any other variables I need to check/set ?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Neil
> >

> --
>  - michael dykman
>  - mdykman@stripped
>
>  May the Source be with you.

Thread
Backing up MySQL using PHPMyAdmin problem with UTF-8Tompkins Neil14 Oct
  • Re: Backing up MySQL using PHPMyAdmin problem with UTF-8Michael Dykman14 Oct
    • Re: Backing up MySQL using PHPMyAdmin problem with UTF-8Tompkins Neil15 Oct
    • Re: Backing up MySQL using PHPMyAdmin problem with UTF-8Tompkins Neil15 Oct
      • Fwd: Backing up MySQL using PHPMyAdmin problem with UTF-8Tompkins Neil18 Oct