List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tompkins Neil Date:October 14 2010 9:48am
Subject:Backing up MySQL using PHPMyAdmin problem with UTF-8
View as plain text
Hi,

I'm using PHP MyAdmin to backup my MySQL database.  The database is of
type InnoDB
and encoding used is utf8_unicode_ci.  The variables are set as follows :

*MySQL connection collation: **utf8_unicode_ci*
*MySQL charset: **UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)*
*character set client: utf8*
*character set connection: utf8*
*character set results: utf8*
*collation connection: **utf8_unicode_ci*

The problem I have is that the foreign characters like ăÿć etc are being
backed up as scrambled non-readable characters.  Any ideas why this is
happening ??  Are there any other variables I need to check/set ?

Cheers
Neil

Thread
Backing up MySQL using PHPMyAdmin problem with UTF-8Tompkins Neil14 Oct
  • Re: Backing up MySQL using PHPMyAdmin problem with UTF-8Michael Dykman14 Oct
    • Re: Backing up MySQL using PHPMyAdmin problem with UTF-8Tompkins Neil15 Oct
    • Re: Backing up MySQL using PHPMyAdmin problem with UTF-8Tompkins Neil15 Oct
      • Fwd: Backing up MySQL using PHPMyAdmin problem with UTF-8Tompkins Neil18 Oct