List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:October 14 2010 6:23am
Subject:Re: How do I use and JOIN the mysql.time_zone% tables?
View as plain text
Part of your answer is the offset column, which seems to be relative to the
abbreviation used. This implies, to me, that each particular abbreviation
has it's own way of specifying the "starting point" of the time. Added is
the DST flag, which (probably) tells you that your app needs to keep
daylight savings time in mind.

I can't tell you why there are so many, or which one to pick, but there you
go. Just, you know, pick one, learn it's rules and stick to it.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
How do I use and JOIN the mysql.time_zone% tables?Daevid Vincent14 Oct
  • Re: How do I use and JOIN the mysql.time_zone% tables?Johan De Meersman14 Oct
  • RE: How do I use and JOIN the mysql.time_zone% tables?Jerry Schwartz14 Oct