List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Willy Mularto Date:October 12 2010 9:27am
Subject:InnoDB Crash
View as plain text
Hi List,
Last night accidentally one of my InnoDB table crash. And cause client can not connect to
MySQL, it always said cannot connect to socket, even the daemon is launched. I tried to
set innodb_force_recovery from 0 to 6 and only number 3 bring back the connection. After
that I dump the data and drop the table. I recreate it as MyISAM and inject the dumped
data. After that I stop MySQL and remove innodb_force_recovery and restart. And clients
start complaining can not connect. Then I enable innodb_force_recovery again. I tried to
create a new InnoDB table test and MySQL complaint cannot create the table due to the
engine type is not supported. The question is how to solve this problem? How to bring
back InnoDB to my server without reinstall the OS or MySQL itself? I have also tried to
drop the database and remove the data folder from mysql data dir and recreate the
database but still no luck. Thanks for any help.

sangprabv
sangprabv@stripped
http://www.petitiononline.com/froyo/

Thread