List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:partha sarathy Date:October 11 2010 8:20am
Subject:Re: MySQL sock file is missing: server doesn't start
View as plain text
Hi,

This can be useful...
http://mafiree.com/blg/?p=124

-Partha
www.mafiree.com

----- Original Message ----
From: spacemarc <spacemarc@stripped>
To: MySQL <mysql@stripped>
Sent: Mon, 11 October, 2010 12:37:24 AM
Subject: MySQL sock file is missing: server doesn't start

hi
MySQL server doesn't start because #2002 the
/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock is missing.
The server only start with "sudo mysqld_safe" but without the mysqld.sock file.

I've checked my /etc/mysql/my.cnf file and the paths are correct for
[client] and [mysqld]: /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
I run 5.1.41 on Ubuntu 10.04

How to resolve this issue?

thanks