List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Pascual Strømsnæs Date:October 6 2010 10:20am
Subject:Constructing query to display item count based on increments of time
View as plain text
Hi!

How would one go about to construct a query that counts items within an
increment or span of time, let's say increments of 10 minutes?
Imagine a simple table where each row has a timestamp, and the query
should return the count of items occurring within the timespan of a
defined period.

Say,

09:00: 14
09:10: 31
09:20: 25
09:30:  0
09:40: 12

etc.

I have been able to get collections of item occurrence based on month
and day by using GROUP BY together with a DATE_FORMAT( start_time, "%d
%m %Y" ) eg.
I can however not seem to be able to find the solution to grouping based
on the minute increments in my example above.

Any suggestions?

--
Kind regards

Pascual Strømsnæs
Thread
Constructing query to display item count based on increments of timePascual Strømsnæs6 Oct
  • Re: Constructing query to display item count based on increments of timeJohan De Meersman6 Oct
  • Re: Constructing query to display item count based on increments of timeTravis Ard6 Oct
    • Re: Constructing query to display item count based on increments of timeHank6 Oct
      • Re: Constructing query to display item count based on increments of timeJohan De Meersman6 Oct
        • Re: Constructing query to display item count based on increments of timeHank6 Oct
          • Re: Constructing query to display item count based on increments of timeJohan De Meersman7 Oct
  • my.iniElim PDT7 Oct
    • RE: my.iniandrew.2.moore7 Oct
      • Re: my.iniElim PDT7 Oct
      • where clauseElim PDT3 Jan