Sorry if this is the wrong mailing list to post yet please help me out or
redirect me to the right one.
Here are some concerns we PHP Developers have over our MySQL Database.
1) While inserting and connection lost, what will happen? Is the query
going to be there forever?
2) There are two engines for MySQL tables: InnoDB and MyISAM. It is said
that the skip locking config is not working 100% for MyISAM tables and it's
better to use InnoDB. Is this true?
3) What is the impact if we switch engine for production tables from MyISAM
to InnoDB? I tried this before and seems like you can just simply alter the
table and change its storage engine, yet I just wanted to confirm.
4) MySQL thread_concurrency config: to split the queries into multiple
CPUs. Does this really help a lot since currently we have a server with 8 cpu's
and one with 16.
5) MySQL wait_timeout config: the max time the server waits for activity on
a noninteractive connection before closing it. What happens if an INSERT query
exceeds max time. Will this corrupt our table since I guess the insert will be
killed? or does the max time only work on selects?
Sorry if its a lot, we just need some confirmations before we try to optimize