List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:George Larson Date:October 3 2010 2:31pm
Subject:Ineffective OPTIMIZE TABLES
View as plain text
Hello all.

I have an InnoDB table with a 'Data_length' of 114688 and 'Data_free'
of '3896508416'.  If I'm correctly understanding what I've been
reading, those are good conditions to optimize the table.  I
understand the part where it maps to 'ALTER' for InnoDB.  However,
nothing I do seems to affect anything.  Whether using 'OPTIMIZE' or
doing the 'ALTER' myself, there is no apparent difference.  I've done
the 'FLUSH TABLES' for good measure and the results of 'SHOW TABLE
STATUS' are unchanged.

I have this same thing happening on multiple tables, I just picked
this particular one as an example.

I'm confused.  :-/  Would somebody please explain what is going on here?

Thanks!
Ineffective OPTIMIZE TABLESGeorge Larson3 Oct
  • Re: Ineffective OPTIMIZE TABLESDan Nelson4 Oct
    • Re: Ineffective OPTIMIZE TABLESGeorge Larson4 Oct