List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joerg Bruehe Date:October 1 2010 6:34pm
Subject:Re: Not to show until a certain date
View as plain text
Hi!

Hank wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 8:33 AM, Patrice Olivier-Wilson
> <biz@stripped> wrote:
>> On 9/28/10 8:33 PM, Chris W wrote:
>>
>>> SELECT *
>>> FROM announcements
>>> WHERE announcements_expiredate > CURDATE()
>>> AND announcements_postdate <= CURDATE()
>>> ORDER BY announcements_expiredate ASC
>
> Or how about something like this:
>
> SELECT *
> FROM announcements
> WHERE  CURDATE() between announcements_postdate and announcements_expiredate
> ORDER BY announcements_expiredate ASC

The syntax is correct, but I don't think this statement will be
optimized as well as the other proposal:
BETWEEN is intended for "column BETWEEN const1 AND const2",
whereas your statement is "const BETWEEN column1 AND column2".

Jörg

--
Joerg Bruehe,  MySQL Build Team,  joerg.bruehe@stripped
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG,   Komturstrasse 18a,   D-12099 Berlin

Thread
Not to show until a certain datePatrice Olivier-Wilson28 Sep
  • Re: Not to show until a certain datePatrice Olivier-Wilson28 Sep
    • Re: Not to show until a certain dateChris W29 Sep
      • Re: Not to show until a certain datePatrice Olivier-Wilson29 Sep
        • Re: Not to show until a certain dateHank29 Sep
          • Re: Not to show until a certain dateJoerg Bruehe1 Oct
            • Re: Not to show until a certain dateHank1 Oct
              • RE: Not to show until a certain dateBMBasal1 Oct
                • Re: Not to show until a certain dateHank2 Oct
              • Re: Not to show until a certain dateJoerg Bruehe1 Oct