List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Davor Cengija Date:April 22 1999 4:26am
Subject:Re: php
View as plain text
On Thu, 22 Apr 1999, Michael Farr wrote:

>which I did ... only it couldn't find the mysql header file and I got this
>error
>functions/mysql.c:67: mysql.h: No such file or directory
>
>now where do I get this file from, do I copy the one from the mysql source
>directory into
>/SOURCES/php-3.0.5/functions

       no.

       did you compile mysql from source or you just installed .rpm?
       if source, you must tell to php where is mysql, or to be more
       precise, where is mysql root dir. i have mysql compiled with
       --prefix=/opt2/local/mysql so php configuration option was
       --with-mysql=/opt2/local/mysql

       if you installed mysql form the rpm, then you don't have any
       header files, and mysql root dir. is /usr. so, you have to
       find the following files:
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root         7128 Oct  7  1998 mysql.h
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root         5406 Oct  7  1998 mysql_com.h
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root          298 Oct  7  1998 mysql_version.h
       (make it sure it's for you version of mysql), put them into
       /usr/include or /usr/include/mysql or something like that
       (play around, /usr/local/mysql/ etc) and then try to compile
       php.

       next thing your apache+php+mysql compilation may fail is when
       apache is trying to find mysql libraries. there must be a full
       path to mysql libs in /etc/ld.so.conf and /sbin/ldconfig must
       be ran. this is my /etc/ld.so.conf
/usr/lib
/usr/i486-linux-libc5/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/local/lib
/opt2/local/mysql/lib
/opt2/local/mysql/lib/mysql
/opt/kde/lib
       if you have your mysql lib in some dir. already mentioned in
       /etc/ld.so.conf, then just run /sbin/ldconfig (as root, of
       course).

       and that't it. welcome to apache+php+mysql family.

       regards, Davor
Davor Cengija
Davor.Cengija@stripped
-----------------------------------
"Please allow 30 days for delivery"

Thread
phpMichael Farr22 Apr
  • Re: phpSasha Pachev22 Apr
  • Re: phpDavor Cengija22 Apr
    • intersection in SQL with only one table ?chas22 Apr
      • RE: intersection in SQL with only one table ?Don Read22 Apr
        • RE: intersection in SQL with only one table ?chas22 Apr
          • RE: intersection in SQL with only one table ?Don Read22 Apr
      • Re: intersection in SQL with only one table ?Robin Bowes22 Apr
        • Re: intersection in SQL with only one table ?Alex Krohn22 Apr
          • Re: intersection in SQL with only one table ?chas23 Apr
  • Re: intersection in SQL with only one table ?Robin Bowes22 Apr
Re: phpPhilip Diller22 Apr