List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris W Date:September 29 2010 12:09am
Subject:ORDER BY with field alias issue
View as plain text
  I have the following query that is giving me problems.

SELECT DATE_FORMAT(`Time`, '%h:%i%p') as `Time`
FROM `reservation`
ORDER BY `Time`

Problem is it sorts wrong because of the date format function output
with am and pm.  I guess I should have named things differently but I
would rather not do that.  Is there a standard way to get around this
and have it sort by the non-formatted time value?

Chris W
Thread
ORDER BY with field alias issueChris W29 Sep
  • Re: ORDER BY with field alias issueJohnny Withers29 Sep
  • RE: ORDER BY with field alias issueBMBasal30 Sep
    • RE: ORDER BY with field alias issueDaevid Vincent30 Sep