List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:September 28 2010 12:01pm
Subject:Re: How to extend innodb files?
View as plain text
On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 1:46 PM, Vokern <vokern@stripped> wrote:

> Can I upgrade to innodb_file_per_table smoothly?

When you activate it, the db will keep reading and using your existing
innodb datafiles. All new tables will be created using .ibd files.
Converting your existing tables is done table per table using ALTER TABLE
mytable ENGINE=INNODB which will basically do a full table copy - keep I/O
and lock time in mind when doing this.

> thanks.

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Thread
How to extend innodb files?Vokern28 Sep
  • Re: How to extend innodb files?Carlos Proal28 Sep
    • Re: How to extend innodb files?Jangita28 Sep
      • Re: How to extend innodb files?Vokern28 Sep
        • Re: How to extend innodb files?Johan De Meersman28 Sep
  • Re: How to extend innodb files?Krishna Chandra Prajapati28 Sep
    • Re: How to extend innodb files?Johan De Meersman28 Sep
    • Re: How to extend innodb files?Vokern28 Sep
      • Re: How to extend innodb files?Krishna Chandra Prajapati28 Sep
      • Re: How to extend innodb files?Johan De Meersman28 Sep
Re: How to extend innodb files?Jan Steinman28 Sep
  • Re: How to extend innodb files?Johan De Meersman29 Sep