List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Krishna Chandra Prajapati Date:September 28 2010 11:59am
Subject:Re: How to extend innodb files?
View as plain text
Hi Vokern,

On a running MySQL Server enabling *innodb_file_per_table* makes no changes
to the existing tables. The newly created table (innodb) will be affected
and have thier own .ibd and .frm tables.

Although, you can enable smoothly. But it's better to have it from scratch.
So, that you can reclaim the free space if required simply by dropping the
table.

_Krishna

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 5:16 PM, Vokern <vokern@stripped> wrote:

> 2010/9/28 Krishna Chandra Prajapati <prajapatikc@stripped>:
> > Hi Vokern,
> >
> > I suggest to have a single ibdata1 file and use innodb_file_per_table to
> > have multiple .ibd tables.
> >

> Can I upgrade to innodb_file_per_table smoothly?
>
> thanks.

Thread
How to extend innodb files?Vokern28 Sep
  • Re: How to extend innodb files?Carlos Proal28 Sep
    • Re: How to extend innodb files?Jangita28 Sep
      • Re: How to extend innodb files?Vokern28 Sep
        • Re: How to extend innodb files?Johan De Meersman28 Sep
  • Re: How to extend innodb files?Krishna Chandra Prajapati28 Sep
    • Re: How to extend innodb files?Johan De Meersman28 Sep
    • Re: How to extend innodb files?Vokern28 Sep
      • Re: How to extend innodb files?Krishna Chandra Prajapati28 Sep
      • Re: How to extend innodb files?Johan De Meersman28 Sep
Re: How to extend innodb files?Jan Steinman28 Sep
  • Re: How to extend innodb files?Johan De Meersman29 Sep