List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:September 28 2010 8:38am
Subject:Re: Best encription method?
View as plain text
On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 3:43 PM, Vikram A <vikkiatbipl@stripped> wrote:

> Normally, If i need to store an integer value i have to define it as int,
> If I
> encrypt this, i must define its type as string of different size[it depend
> upon
> the encryption output] than its original size. It increases the db size. I
> am
> known that if it is secure i have to choose encryption. but when i choose
> encryption it leads the more memory usage.

Well, yes :-) That's part of the price you're going to pay for the security.

As the programmer said; I can make it better, faster and cheaper. Pick any
two.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
Best encription method?Vikram A27 Sep
  • Re: Best encription method?Johan De Meersman27 Sep
    • Re: Best encription method?Vikram A27 Sep
      • Re: Best encription method?Johan De Meersman28 Sep
        • Re: Best encription method?Vikram A29 Sep