List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vikram A Date:September 27 2010 1:15pm
Subject:Best encription method?
View as plain text
Hello experts!

Can i have your valuable suggestion on the following?

I would like to encrypt a particular table of records.
I hope can choose two ways,number one, application level encryption method
choosing our own encryption algorithm and an another is database level
encryption.

my question is,  which is portable, which is consistent? or altogether the
encryption should not degrades the performance.

Note: The application is going to be across an intranet

Suggestions are appreciated!

Thank you in advance.
Vikram A

Thread
Best encription method?Vikram A27 Sep
  • Re: Best encription method?Johan De Meersman27 Sep
    • Re: Best encription method?Vikram A27 Sep
      • Re: Best encription method?Johan De Meersman28 Sep
        • Re: Best encription method?Vikram A29 Sep