List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:September 22 2010 1:26pm
Subject:Re: document for mysql performance improvement
View as plain text
Hi,

> If its an IO problem the first and easiest thing to do is (probably) look at
> your disk subsystem. You can easily achieve higher disk IO by increasing the
> number of disks and implementing something like RAID1+0.

Or you can be logical about it and try to determine whether the IO
performance is a symptom or a cause.  If there are queries that don't
have good indexes, "add correct indexes" is a smarter solution than
"add disks."  Indeed, even the IO usage can be a red herring.

I suggest a more systematic approach to the problem, such as Method R.
Thread
document for mysql performance improvementvokern21 Sep
  • Re: document for mysql performance improvementJohan De Meersman21 Sep
  • Re: document for mysql performance improvementa.smith21 Sep
    • Re: document for mysql performance improvementvokern21 Sep
      • Re: document for mysql performance improvementa.smith21 Sep
        • Re: document for mysql performance improvementvokern21 Sep
          • Re: document for mysql performance improvementa.smith21 Sep
          • Re: document for mysql performance improvementGiles Coochey21 Sep
    • Re: document for mysql performance improvementBaron Schwartz22 Sep
  • RE: document for mysql performance improvementJangita21 Sep
    • Re: document for mysql performance improvementBruce Ferrell21 Sep
Re: document for mysql performance improvementvokern21 Sep
Re: document for mysql performance improvementvokern21 Sep
Re: document for mysql performance improvementa.smith21 Sep
  • Re: document for mysql performance improvementJohan De Meersman21 Sep
    • Re: document for mysql performance improvementJohan De Meersman21 Sep
      • Re: document for mysql performance improvementpetya21 Sep
        • Re: document for mysql performance improvementvokern22 Sep
          • Re: document for mysql performance improvementvokern22 Sep
            • Re: document for mysql performance improvementJohnny Withers22 Sep
              • Re: document for mysql performance improvementVokern23 Sep
                • Re: document for mysql performance improvementJohnny Withers23 Sep