List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:petya Date:September 21 2010 2:44pm
Subject:Re: document for mysql performance improvement
View as plain text
Hi,

Check your slow queries first. Large full scans can cause unwanted disk
io. Do you use MyISAM or InnoDB? From your status, you seem to have
intensive MyISAM locking.

Peter

On 09/21/2010 04:10 PM, Johan De Meersman wrote:
> Also, mailing list doesn't want to distribute attachments :-) Here's a link
> to the metrics view I was on about earlier:
> http://www.tuxera.be/mysqlstats.zip
>
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 4:08 PM, Johan De Meersman<vegivamp@stripped>wrote:

>>> Good enough? If he is genuinely saturating the disk with IO (as he states
>>> the problem is IO) then it isnt good enough. But perhaps that needs a bit
>>> more analysis before we really know...
>>

>> It takes quite some doing to fill a 15krpm RAID-1 with IO, all the way
>> through all the controller, OS and SQL caches. A lot more investigating is
>> needed before concluding that the symptom is indeed the cause.
>>

>> --
>> Bier met grenadyn
>> Is als mosterd by den wyn
>> Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
>> Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Thread
document for mysql performance improvementvokern21 Sep
  • Re: document for mysql performance improvementJohan De Meersman21 Sep
  • Re: document for mysql performance improvementa.smith21 Sep
    • Re: document for mysql performance improvementvokern21 Sep
      • Re: document for mysql performance improvementa.smith21 Sep
        • Re: document for mysql performance improvementvokern21 Sep
          • Re: document for mysql performance improvementa.smith21 Sep
          • Re: document for mysql performance improvementGiles Coochey21 Sep
    • Re: document for mysql performance improvementBaron Schwartz22 Sep
  • RE: document for mysql performance improvementJangita21 Sep
    • Re: document for mysql performance improvementBruce Ferrell21 Sep
Re: document for mysql performance improvementvokern21 Sep
Re: document for mysql performance improvementvokern21 Sep
Re: document for mysql performance improvementa.smith21 Sep
  • Re: document for mysql performance improvementJohan De Meersman21 Sep
    • Re: document for mysql performance improvementJohan De Meersman21 Sep
      • Re: document for mysql performance improvementpetya21 Sep
        • Re: document for mysql performance improvementvokern22 Sep
          • Re: document for mysql performance improvementvokern22 Sep
            • Re: document for mysql performance improvementJohnny Withers22 Sep
              • Re: document for mysql performance improvementVokern23 Sep
                • Re: document for mysql performance improvementJohnny Withers23 Sep