List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:September 21 2010 2:08pm
Subject:Re: document for mysql performance improvement
View as plain text
On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 4:03 PM, <a.smith@stripped> wrote:

> Quoting Johan De Meersman <vegivamp@stripped>:
>
>> Your raid controller is "lying" to you - you can't have RAID10 with just
>> two
>> disks :-p Don't worry about that, though - it's a good enough config.
>>

> Good enough? If he is genuinely saturating the disk with IO (as he states
> the problem is IO) then it isnt good enough. But perhaps that needs a bit
> more analysis before we really know...

It takes quite some doing to fill a 15krpm RAID-1 with IO, all the way
through all the controller, OS and SQL caches. A lot more investigating is
needed before concluding that the symptom is indeed the cause.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
document for mysql performance improvementvokern21 Sep
  • Re: document for mysql performance improvementJohan De Meersman21 Sep
  • Re: document for mysql performance improvementa.smith21 Sep
    • Re: document for mysql performance improvementvokern21 Sep
      • Re: document for mysql performance improvementa.smith21 Sep
        • Re: document for mysql performance improvementvokern21 Sep
          • Re: document for mysql performance improvementa.smith21 Sep
          • Re: document for mysql performance improvementGiles Coochey21 Sep
    • Re: document for mysql performance improvementBaron Schwartz22 Sep
  • RE: document for mysql performance improvementJangita21 Sep
    • Re: document for mysql performance improvementBruce Ferrell21 Sep
Re: document for mysql performance improvementvokern21 Sep
Re: document for mysql performance improvementvokern21 Sep
Re: document for mysql performance improvementa.smith21 Sep
  • Re: document for mysql performance improvementJohan De Meersman21 Sep
    • Re: document for mysql performance improvementJohan De Meersman21 Sep
      • Re: document for mysql performance improvementpetya21 Sep
        • Re: document for mysql performance improvementvokern22 Sep
          • Re: document for mysql performance improvementvokern22 Sep
            • Re: document for mysql performance improvementJohnny Withers22 Sep
              • Re: document for mysql performance improvementVokern23 Sep
                • Re: document for mysql performance improvementJohnny Withers23 Sep