List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:September 21 2010 11:03am
Subject:Re: InnoDB Buffer Pool Status
View as plain text
On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 12:49 PM, Willy Mularto <sangprabv@stripped> wrote:

> Hi,
> I got this result on InnoDB Buffer Pool Status:
> Free pages      1
> Dirty pages     2,040
> Pages containing data   31,359
> Pages to be flushed     457,083,205
> Busy pages      1,408
> Read requests   31,348,288,497
> Write requests  7,913,407,934
> Read misses     39,736,110
> Write waits     0
> Read misses in %        0.13 %
> Write waits in %        0.00 %
> I see there are millions of Read misses. What's that mean?

Nothing much, in and of itself. Divide by your uptime, and you'll get a
vaguely meaningful number. Keep track of the counter over time, and you may
see something actually useful.

> And how to tuning up my server to get faster, stable, and reliable? Many
> thanks for any response.

By understanding how it works, what it does, and what the different counters
and variables mean. There's no magic trick for it - start by investing time
in reading the documentation; play with test systems; and if you've got the
dough, get mysql-sanctioned training.

Nothing in life is free. If it doesn't cost money, maybe you have to spend

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

InnoDB Buffer Pool StatusWilly Mularto21 Sep
  • Re: InnoDB Buffer Pool Statusgeorge larson21 Sep
  • Re: InnoDB Buffer Pool StatusJohan De Meersman21 Sep