List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:September 20 2010 2:51pm
Subject:Re: Encryption with MYSQL
View as plain text
Hi,

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 4:59 AM, Tompkins Neil
<neil.tompkins@stripped> wrote:
> Any ideas why my statement like SELECT SHA1('abc') AS my_sha is being
> returned as binary value, I thought it should be returning HEX in anycase ?

Maybe because that's what it's intended to do.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/encryption-functions.html#function_sha1
Thread
Encryption with MYSQLTompkins Neil17 Sep
  • Re: Encryption with MYSQLJohan De Meersman17 Sep
  • prime number tableElim PDT17 Sep
    • RE: prime number tableGavin Towey17 Sep
    • Re: prime number tableChris W18 Sep
  • Re: prime number tableElim PDT21 Sep
Re: Encryption with MYSQLTompkins Neil20 Sep
  • Re: Encryption with MYSQLBaron Schwartz20 Sep