List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:September 20 2010 11:01am
Subject:Re: clone a database on the same machine
View as plain text
On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 12:48 PM, Uwe Brauer <oub@stripped> wrote:

> vegivamp@stripped> wrote:
>
>   > He did suggest doing mysqladmin create :-p
>
> The only thing which is not clear to me is whether
> db_org and db_clone
> should have the same user (and maybe the same password.)

Databases and users are entirely separate concepts in MySQL. You could grant
the same user access to both databases, or you could create a new user that
only has access to the clone, however you feel works for you.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
clone a database on the same machineUwe Brauer20 Sep
  • Re: clone a database on the same machineAnanda Kumar20 Sep
    • Re: clone a database on the same machineJohan De Meersman20 Sep
      • Re: clone a database on the same machineAnanda Kumar20 Sep
        • Re: clone a database on the same machineJohan De Meersman20 Sep
          • Re: clone a database on the same machineAnanda Kumar20 Sep
  • Re: clone a database on the same machineUwe Brauer20 Sep
    • Re: clone a database on the same machineJohan De Meersman20 Sep
    • Re: clone a database on the same machinea.smith20 Sep