List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ananda Kumar Date:September 20 2010 9:34am
Subject:Re: clone a database on the same machine
View as plain text
The dump file has to be edited to replace old db name to the new db name.

regards
anandkl

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 3:00 PM, Uwe Brauer <oub@stripped> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I would like to clone a database db_org to db_clone on the same machine.
> Could
> I use the dump command for this? Should the user of both db
> be the same?
> Something like
> # mysqladmin create db_clone -u DB_user
>
> mysqldump -p db_org > clone.sql
> mysql -p -D db_clone < clone.sql
>

> thanks
>
> Uwe Brauer

clone a database on the same machineUwe Brauer20 Sep
  • Re: clone a database on the same machineAnanda Kumar20 Sep
    • Re: clone a database on the same machineJohan De Meersman20 Sep
      • Re: clone a database on the same machineAnanda Kumar20 Sep
        • Re: clone a database on the same machineJohan De Meersman20 Sep
          • Re: clone a database on the same machineAnanda Kumar20 Sep
  • Re: clone a database on the same machineUwe Brauer20 Sep
    • Re: clone a database on the same machineJohan De Meersman20 Sep
    • Re: clone a database on the same machinea.smith20 Sep