List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Luis Suzuki Date:September 18 2010 10:59pm
Subject:Transfer database to MySQL.Huge effort?
View as plain text
I want to transfer a database(not MySQL) to MySQL(only the tables,not stored
procedures,views etc.).Using SQLWays I gotseveral problems(It needs some expertise).Now
using SQLMaestro DataWizard I exported some tables to csv format forimporting with
mysqlimport,I previously created the database with CREATE DATABASE (database in simpliest
form).Now,when I use mysqlimport to import the csv formatted tables it tells that I do not
have the table xyz.I thought themysqlimport command could automatically read the imported
file and create the table with adequate structure and name according to the read/imported
file.The number of tables to import are almost two hundred and previously creating in
MySQL almost two hundred tableswith structure compatible to the imported database tables
is a huge effort.Are there any easier method to follow?I am a relatively new user of
database software.
                                                                             Thanks.

Thread
Transfer database to MySQL.Huge effort?Luis Suzuki19 Sep
  • Re: Transfer database to MySQL.Huge effort?Carl19 Sep
  • RE: Transfer database to MySQL.Huge effort?Jangita20 Sep