List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tompkins Neil Date:September 17 2010 11:22am
Subject:Encryption with MYSQL
View as plain text
Hi,

I need to encrypt a string like 'hello world', using a passkey.  But I also
need to be able to decrypt the encrypted phrase using the same passkey.  I
noticed in MySQL there are functions like
AES_ENCRYPT()<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/encryption-functions.html#function_aes-encrypt>

However, I need the encrypted phrase to be returned as a string, since it
will be passed to a URL as a parameter.  Does anyone have any suggestions on
how to overcome this issue, using MySQL.

I know that there are many components available out there, but I can't
install any third party components on the hosting server.

Cheers
Neil

Thread
Encryption with MYSQLTompkins Neil17 Sep
  • Re: Encryption with MYSQLJohan De Meersman17 Sep
  • prime number tableElim PDT17 Sep
    • RE: prime number tableGavin Towey17 Sep
    • Re: prime number tableChris W18 Sep
  • Re: prime number tableElim PDT21 Sep
Re: Encryption with MYSQLTompkins Neil20 Sep
  • Re: Encryption with MYSQLBaron Schwartz20 Sep