List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Uwe Brauer Date:September 15 2010 8:00pm
Subject:extract text from table to file, and recover damage.
View as plain text
Hello

I am still fighting with the crashed hard disk and its db.

I had a look at the tables
mysql -u wikiuser -p maqwiki
and
then
select * from searchindex

(This is the only table which seems to have useful information.)
However the information is written so fast on the screen
that it is impossible to read, I also can scroll since a lot
of
---------------
Lines are produced.

    -  how can I write the result of the above command to
       file? The obvious > does not work.

I think I see stuff like anu8c3a1lisis
which makes me thing the table is corrupted, of course it
could be also the UTF8 representation of the word análisis.

Anyhow I run a

mysqlcheck -u wikiuser -p maqwiki searchindex

And got:
maqwiki.searchindex                                OK

Is this proof enough that the table is ok?
Uwe Brauer

Thread
extract text from table to file, and recover damage.Uwe Brauer15 Sep
  • Re: extract text from table to file, and recover damage.Michael Dykman15 Sep
  • Re: extract text from table to file, and recover damage.Travis Ard16 Sep