List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:April 22 1999 5:34am
Subject:Re: php
View as plain text
Michael Farr wrote:

> ok ...  I feel stupid
> I am trying to install the mysql library into php3 so I can do web things
> with my database
> I have Apache/1.3.3 and PHP Version 3.0.5, which are working fine.  I would
> like to be able to use funcitons like mysql_connect() in php.  To do this I
> downloaded the source for php, and apache and do these things
>
> 1.  gunzip apache_1.3.x.tar.gz
> 2.  tar xvf apache_1.3.x.tar
> 3.  gunzip php-3.0.x.tar.gz
> 4.  tar xvf php-3.0.x.tar
> 5.  cd apache_1.3.x
> 6.  ./configure --prefix=/www
> 7.  cd ../php-3.0.x
> 8.  ./configure --with-mysql --with-apache=../apache_1.3.x --enable-track-vars
> 9.  make
> 10. make install
> 11. cd ../apache_1.3.x
> 12. ./configure --prefix=/www --activate-module=src/modules/php3/libphp3.a
> 13. make
> 14. make install
>
> which I did ... only it couldn't find the mysql header file and I got this
> error
> functions/mysql.c:67: mysql.h: No such file or directory
>
> now where do I get this file from, do I copy the one from the mysql source
> directory into
> /SOURCES/php-3.0.5/functions
>
> ta

Here is a quick and dirty fix:

ln -s wherever_you_mysql_base_dir_is/include/mysql.h
/usr/include/mysql.h
ln -s wherever_you_mysql_base_dir_is/lib/libmysqlclient.a
/usr/lib/libmysqlclient.a

A cleaner solution would be to dig through your configure options and
make sure that it compiles with the correct paths that include mysql
directories in -I and -L

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com
Thread
phpMichael Farr22 Apr
  • Re: phpSasha Pachev22 Apr
  • Re: phpDavor Cengija22 Apr
    • intersection in SQL with only one table ?chas22 Apr
      • RE: intersection in SQL with only one table ?Don Read22 Apr
        • RE: intersection in SQL with only one table ?chas22 Apr
          • RE: intersection in SQL with only one table ?Don Read22 Apr
      • Re: intersection in SQL with only one table ?Robin Bowes22 Apr
        • Re: intersection in SQL with only one table ?Alex Krohn22 Apr
          • Re: intersection in SQL with only one table ?chas23 Apr
  • Re: intersection in SQL with only one table ?Robin Bowes22 Apr
Re: phpPhilip Diller22 Apr