List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gary Roach Date:September 15 2010 5:10pm
Subject:GRANT ALL error - newbee
View as plain text
I'm attempting to set up a Linux Apache Mysql PHP  (LAMP) system for the
first time. On my internal network (behind firewall) I have a computer
(cruncher) that is acting as the web server. Another computer
(supercrunch) is being used as the home for Dupal6. I connected to the
cruncher system from supercrunch with "mysql -u root -h cruncher -p".
This seemed to work fine. But, one of the setup statements follows along
with the result. I can't find the error. Help!

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILAGES ON *.* TO 'gary@supercrunch' IDENTIFIED BY
'<password>' WITH GRANT OPTION;
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the
manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
syntax to use near 'PRIVILAGES ON *.* TO 'gary@supercrunch' IDENTIFIED
BY 'qatip' WITH GRANT OPTION' at line 1

Leaving out the quotes makes no difference.

Gary R

Thread
GRANT ALL error - newbeeGary Roach15 Sep
  • Re: GRANT ALL error - newbeeDavid Giragosian15 Sep
  • RE: GRANT ALL error - newbeeAZZOPARDI Konrad15 Sep