List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Machiel Richards Date:September 14 2010 9:55am
Subject:MySQL replication and reverse replication?
View as plain text
Good day all

     I am hoping everyone is well.....

    Can someone perhaps assist me with some resources on the following
topic

    one of our clients are running a MySQL 5 master/slave replication
setup.

    There is a DR test schedule during next month, however they want the
slave server to become the master and the master server to become the
slave server.

    I am busy looking into how to setup a master / slave replication,
however I am trying to find out how to do the relevant changes as
mentioned above.

    The next test they then want to do is to test the switch over to the
slave server in cases where the master server should fail. I am however
not that experienced on MySQL as yet and cant seem to find specific
references on how to do this change over?

    any ideas or resources will be appreciated.

Regards
Machiel

Thread
MySQL replication and reverse replication?Machiel Richards14 Sep