List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:September 14 2010 5:01am
Subject:Re: Crashed Table - How to report/prevent?
View as plain text
On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 4:32 PM, Steve Staples <sstaples@stripped> wrote:

> >From what I read, it puts a lock on the tables (read lock).  the tables
> in one of the databases are continuously being written/read/updated, so
> I dont want to lock them if at all possible.
>
> Are there any other ways?

Well, given that you need to read the entire table to verify it's
integrity... Mysqlcheck does have a few options like --quick, but the check
isn't as thorough either then, obviously.

It seems strange to me, however, that the table wouldn't already have been
marked as crashed if it couldn't be written to - have you checked the
error.log ? Monitoring that may give you a faster indication.

> Steve
>
> On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 15:11 +0100, a.smith@stripped wrote:
> > Why not use the mysql tool, mysqlcheck:
> >
> > http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysqlcheck.html

Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn
Sy die't drinkt, is eene kwezel
Hy die't drinkt, is ras een ezel

Thread
Crashed Table - How to report/prevent?Steve Staples13 Sep
  • Re: Crashed Table - How to report/prevent?a.smith13 Sep
    • Re: Crashed Table - How to report/prevent?Steve Staples13 Sep
      • Re: Crashed Table - How to report/prevent?Johan De Meersman14 Sep
  • RE: Crashed Table - How to report/prevent?Gavin Towey14 Sep