List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:monloi perez Date:September 12 2010 2:32pm
Subject:skip locking
View as plain text
Hi All,

Sorry if I posted on the wrong list.

I've had this issue with my previous server already, seems like skip-locking
configuration does not seem to work on myisam tables.

Also what is the difference between myisam and innodb tables. The reason I
wanted to know is that I think skip-locking works better in InnoDB. Or perhaps
the right question is when do I choose myISAM and when do I choose InnoDB. My
current server is running on an 8-core cpu with 32G of memory and only running
CMS or news based web applications. What do you suggest that we use for the
storage engine?

skip lockingmonloi perez12 Sep
  • Re: skip lockingMichael Satterwhite12 Sep
    • Re: skip lockingmonloi perez16 Sep
      • Re: skip lockingNilton Moura16 Sep
        • Update query problemAndy Wallace16 Sep
          • RE: Update query problemTravis Ard16 Sep
Re: skip lockingNilton Moura18 Sep