List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:September 10 2010 1:38pm
Subject:Re: Replaying the mysqld.log file from production onto QA???
View as plain text
On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Shawn Green (MySQL) <
shawn.l.green@stripped> wrote:

> He already did! Those are the logs he needs to replay. He has the logs
> already but needs tools to extract the commands and repeat them as a load
> test.
>
> Do you have any techniques you can share?

Alas, no. I suspect the rather expensive Avalanches we got might be able to,
but that's not particularly helpful to him :-)

I wrote a little thing many years ago that pulled Apache logs from
production over SSH and multithreaded them at the staging server, but SQL
stuff would be much more time-critical - can't select before the insert :-)

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
Replaying the mysqld.log file from production onto QA???Nunzio Daveri8 Sep
  • Re: Replaying the mysqld.log file from production onto QA???Baron Schwartz10 Sep
Re: Replaying the mysqld.log file from production onto QA???andrew.2.moore8 Sep
  • Re: Replaying the mysqld.log file from production onto QA???Nunzio Daveri9 Sep
    • Re: Replaying the mysqld.log file from production onto QA???Johan De Meersman10 Sep
      • Re: Replaying the mysqld.log file from production onto QA???MySQL)10 Sep
        • Re: Replaying the mysqld.log file from production onto QA???Johan De Meersman10 Sep
          • Re: Replaying the mysqld.log file from production onto QA???Johnny Withers10 Sep
        • RE: Replaying the mysqld.log file from production onto QA???Jerry Schwartz10 Sep