List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:September 10 2010 11:47am
Subject:Re: Replaying the mysqld.log file from production onto QA???
View as plain text
On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Nunzio Daveri <nunziodaveri@stripped>wrote:

> So.. I am trying to mimic replaying production like queries so joins, temp
> tables etc... are stuff I am trying to test as well.  Just doing a dump and
> import is no more than export and importing, I also want to test selects,
> updates :-)  Thanks for replying :-)

Then you'll have to first activate full logging on your production server.
This may take quite some diskpace, and IOs, so keep the logfiles on separate
spindles.

Extracting the queries from the log shouldn't be all that hard; but there's
too little timing information in there to do a time-true replay - and I
don't know of any app that does that, either.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
Replaying the mysqld.log file from production onto QA???Nunzio Daveri8 Sep
  • Re: Replaying the mysqld.log file from production onto QA???Baron Schwartz10 Sep
Re: Replaying the mysqld.log file from production onto QA???andrew.2.moore8 Sep
  • Re: Replaying the mysqld.log file from production onto QA???Nunzio Daveri9 Sep
    • Re: Replaying the mysqld.log file from production onto QA???Johan De Meersman10 Sep
      • Re: Replaying the mysqld.log file from production onto QA???MySQL)10 Sep
        • Re: Replaying the mysqld.log file from production onto QA???Johan De Meersman10 Sep
          • Re: Replaying the mysqld.log file from production onto QA???Johnny Withers10 Sep
        • RE: Replaying the mysqld.log file from production onto QA???Jerry Schwartz10 Sep