List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tompkins Neil Date:September 9 2010 7:57am
Subject:Fwd: Query SUM help
View as plain text
Any help would be really appreciated ?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tompkins Neil <neil.tompkins@stripped>
Date: Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 5:30 PM
Subject: Query SUM help
To: "[MySQL]" <mysql@stripped>

Hi

I've the following query :

SELECT total_team_rating, my_teams_id
FROM
(SELECT players.teams_id AS my_teams_id, SUM(players_master.rating) AS
total_team_rating
FROM players
INNER JOIN players_master ON players.players_id = players_master.players_id
WHERE players.worlds_id = 1 AND players.red_cards = 0 AND
players.injury_duration_remaining = 0
GROUP BY players.teams_id) s1
ORDER BY s1.total_team_rating DESC

This gives me the total of players_master.rating for each players.teams_id.
 However, I'm wanting to only base the players_master.rating on the top 11
records in the players table for each team.  How can I modify my query to
achieve this ?

Thanks
Neil

Thread