List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shawn Green (MySQL) Date:September 5 2010 1:50pm
Subject:Re: Performance problems on MySQL
View as plain text
On 9/3/2010 3:15 PM, Johnny Withers wrote:
> It seems that when your index is PRIMARY on InnoDB tables, it's magic and is
> part of the data thereby it is not included in the index_length field.
>
> I have never noticed this. I don't think adding a new index will make a
> difference.
>
> You could try moving your log files to a different disk array than where
> your data is. If you have binary and query logging enabled, it's probably a
> good idea.

Johnny is correct. The PRIMARY KEY to an InnoDB table is indeed part of
the data:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/innodb-index-types.html

That explains why there is no length to this index.

--
Shawn Green
Oracle USA, Inc.
    • Re: Performance problems on MySQLAlexandre Vieira3 Sep
      • Re: Performance problems on MySQLJohnny Withers3 Sep
        • Re: Performance problems on MySQLAlexandre Vieira3 Sep
          • Re: Performance problems on MySQLJohnny Withers3 Sep
            • Re: Performance problems on MySQLAlexandre Vieira3 Sep
              • Re: Performance problems on MySQLJohnny Withers3 Sep
                • Re: Performance problems on MySQLAlexandre Vieira3 Sep
                  • Re: Performance problems on MySQLJohnny Withers3 Sep
                    • Re: Performance problems on MySQLMySQL)5 Sep
  • Re: Performance problems on MySQLmos6 Sep
    • Re: Performance problems on MySQLAlexandre Vieira6 Sep
      • Re: Performance problems on MySQLAlexandre Vieira6 Sep