List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alexandre Vieira Date:September 3 2010 1:59pm
Subject:Re: Performance problems on MySQL
View as plain text
Hi,

I've done some tests with INT(8) vs the VARCHAR(23) on the userid PK and it
makes a little difference but not enough for the application to run in real
time processing.

It's a Sun Fire V240 2x 1.5ghz UltraSparc IIIi with 2GB of RAM.

MySQL is eating 179MB of RAM and 5,4% of CPU.

  PID USERNAME  SIZE   RSS STATE  PRI NICE      TIME  CPU PROCESS/NLWP
  6229 mysql     455M  179M sleep   58    0   0:03.11 5,4% mysqld/68

The machine has ~1GB of free memory. MySQL and InnoDB has free pages to grow
and we have ~50% of free CPU time.

Currently I can't use the replication server since the application running
on top if this BD can only talk to 1 data source.
At the moment it's also not possible to change the application in order to
make it use the DB more wisely.

Basically we have a table with lots of selects, lots of update, lots of
inserts and deletes. Data manipulation is random, doesn't follow any
specific pattern. All working concurrently.

A big bottleneck is:

8 queries inside InnoDB, 28 queries in queue
1 read views open inside InnoDB

Increasing innodb_thread_concurrency might help without causing any problems
to the overall performance.

Makes total sense if you read:
http://peter-zaitsev.livejournal.com/9138.html

Thanks in advance.

BR
AJ

--
Alexandre Vieira - nullpt@stripped

Thread
Performance problems on MySQLAlexandre Vieira2 Sep
  • Re: Performance problems on MySQLJangita2 Sep
    • Re: Performance problems on MySQLAlexandre Vieira2 Sep
      • Re: Performance problems on MySQLJangita3 Sep
  • RE: Performance problems on MySQLTravis Ard2 Sep
    • Re: Performance problems on MySQLAlexandre Vieira2 Sep
Re: Performance problems on MySQLAlexandre Vieira3 Sep
  • Re: Performance problems on MySQLJohnny Withers3 Sep
    • Re: Performance problems on MySQLAlexandre Vieira3 Sep
      • Re: Performance problems on MySQLJohnny Withers3 Sep
        • Re: Performance problems on MySQLAlexandre Vieira3 Sep
          • Re: Performance problems on MySQLJohnny Withers3 Sep
            • Re: Performance problems on MySQLAlexandre Vieira3 Sep
              • Re: Performance problems on MySQLJohnny Withers3 Sep
                • Re: Performance problems on MySQLAlexandre Vieira3 Sep
                  • Re: Performance problems on MySQLJohnny Withers3 Sep
                    • Re: Performance problems on MySQLMySQL)5 Sep
  • Re: Performance problems on MySQLmos6 Sep
    • Re: Performance problems on MySQLAlexandre Vieira6 Sep
      • Re: Performance problems on MySQLAlexandre Vieira6 Sep