List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jangita Date:September 3 2010 10:40am
Subject:Re: MySQL upgrades?
View as plain text
On 03/09/2010 12:23 p, Machiel Richards wrote:
> Good day all
>
>      I am looking for someone that can maybe help me with some info
> regarding the upgrading of MySQL.
>
>      We have a MySQL database currently running with a master/slave
> replication setup.
>
>       The current version of the database is as follows:
>
>                  mysql>  select version();
>                  +------------------------------+
>                  | version()                    |
>                  +------------------------------+
>                  | 5.0.72sp1-enterprise-gpl-log |
>                  +------------------------------+
>                  1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>
>          This is currently running on RedHat.
>

>         This database is however set to be migrated to new hardware later
> during this month and discussions have been in place in order to upgrade
> the Database to the latest version possible.
>
>          As it would seem, the latest enterprise (pro/advanced) version
> available are version 5.1.46sp1 and version 5.1.50 which includes the
> interim updates as well.
>

>           I am trying to find someone who has had experience and can give
> me some pointers in the following regard as this will be my first
> database upgrade:
>
>       1. which one of these two version will be the best to upgrade to.
>       2.  where can I get information on how to upgrade the database
> itself
>       3.  has anyone done this before? if so, is there anything that we
> should look out for?
>

>      I would really appreciate the help here.
>
> Regards
> Machiel

In the old machine

mysqldump -p etc etc dbname > database.sql

then copy the database.sql to the new machine and run

mysql -p < database.sql

It should work regardless of the version you are exporting/importing to.

--
Jangita | +256 76 91 8383 | Y! & MSN: jangita@stripped
Skype: jangita | GTalk: jangita.nyagudi@stripped