List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jan Steinman Date:September 2 2010 10:08pm
Subject:Re: Best method to keep totals
View as plain text
On 2 Sep 10, at 13:58, Jerry Schwartz wrote:

>> From: Jan Steinman [mailto:Jan@stripped]
>>
>>> From: "Jerry Schwartz" <jerry@stripped>
>>>
>>> IMNSHO, never store dynamic data in a field unless you absolutely have to.

>> To do something similar in MySQL, I've used views (which is somewhat clumsy),
>> but is there a better way?
>>
> [JS] Wouldn't the appropriate place for the calculation be...
> in a store procedure that they share? That's basically
> the same as a calculated field.

I've never played with stored procedures. Can you point me to a tutorial? Or should I just
Google for it?

----------------

Best method to keep totalsTompkins Neil1 Sep
  • RE: Best method to keep totalsJerry Schwartz1 Sep
    • Re: Best method to keep totalsTompkins Neil1 Sep
  • Re: Best method to keep totalsJangita3 Sep
    • Re: Best method to keep totalsArthur Fuller3 Sep
      • Re: Best method to keep totalsMark Goodge3 Sep
        • Re: Best method to keep totalsArthur Fuller4 Sep
          • Re: Best method to keep totalsNeil Tompkins5 Sep
            • Re: Best method to keep totalsTompkins Neil6 Sep
RE: Best method to keep totalsJan Steinman2 Sep
  • RE: Best method to keep totalsJerry Schwartz2 Sep
    • Re: Best method to keep totalsJan Steinman3 Sep