List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:neutron Date:September 2 2010 5:39pm
Subject:Re: Does innodb have a temp table space?
View as plain text
Hello Johan,

Thanks for the reply.

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 3:34 AM, Johan De Meersman <vegivamp@stripped> wrote:
> I suspect he is talking about the Temp Tablespace concept from Oracle, which
> is different from a temporary table or a memory table.
>
> MySQL will allocate a memory table for sort operation and the like, up until
> that table exceeds a preset limit, at which point it will automatically (and
> costly !) be converted to a disk table.

==>
How to define the memory table limit?
When  the temp table is converted to a disk table, where is this disk
table stored? In the same shared tablespace file if I don't use
"innodb_file_per_table"?

> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 3:58 AM, Daevid Vincent <daevid@stripped> wrote:
>>
>> InnoDB is one of MANY engines in the RDBMS mySQL.
>>
>> There IS in fact a few ways to store in temporary tables (both RAM and
>> DISK
>> based)
>>
>> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/create-table.html
>>
>> Look at:
>>
>> TABLESPACE
>> PARTITIONS
>> ENGINE

Thread
Does innodb have a temp table space?neutron2 Sep
  • RE: Does innodb have a temp table space?Daevid Vincent2 Sep
    • Re: Does innodb have a temp table space?Johan De Meersman2 Sep
      • Re: Does innodb have a temp table space?neutron2 Sep
        • Re: Does innodb have a temp table space?MySQL)2 Sep