List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:September 2 2010 3:54pm
Subject:Re: Replication VS Cluster
View as plain text
On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Neil Aggarwal <neil@stripped>wrote:

> If server 1 and 2 are on the same local network, I would use
> a cluster.

As in NDB ? I've no personal experience with it - save for a sales talk by
MySQL guys some years back where we decided it was useless to us - but I
understand it has quite a few specific limitations that make it suited for a
rather specific range of applications.

> If they are located on physically separate networks,
> I would use master-master replication.

If you're on separate networks, you're gonna have trouble maintaining both
performance and perfect replication, regardless of what you do; not to
mention you'll be in performance hell as soon as you want to switch to the
remote master.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
Replication VS ClusterJangita2 Sep
  • Re: Replication VS ClusterJohan De Meersman2 Sep
    • Re: Replication VS ClusterJangita2 Sep
  • Re: Replication VS Clustera.smith2 Sep
    • Re: Replication VS ClusterJangita2 Sep
      • RE: Replication VS ClusterNeil Aggarwal2 Sep