List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:karthik kumar Date:September 2 2010 4:01pm
Subject:Re: cant establish connection at application side.
View as plain text
Wow .. Cool that solved our problem...
Thanks a lott ..

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 9:20 PM, Jangita <jangita@stripped> wrote:

> On 02/09/2010 4:57 p, karthik kumar wrote:
>
>> Hi .. I am facing a problem in mysql.
>>
>>          I am getting error  'Can not open connection' at the application
>> side  which happens at random timings.   What i found was at whenever the
>> problem occurs it takes 70 secs for connecting to mysql server. The
>> machine
>> is a high end quad core, 16 GB ram, dedicated for mysql
>>
>>  I guess its problem is with my configurations.   My guess is like if i ve
>> configured some buffer to x  and when when mysql is being used it keeps
>> coming down and slows down connecting time for clients ( its a  wild guess
>> )
>> ..  So can I do something to monitor the resources/ connections/ or
>> something else to see what does mysql lacks when connection time reaches
>> 70
>> secs or my application gets a 'Can not open connection' problem so that I
>> give a larger value for that thing  ..
>>           Certainly changing (timout's .. or something else ) in
>> application
>> would solve but thats not a solution for my situation .. i have configured
>> max number of connections to 500 .. and the total number of connections
>> hardly reach 100 ..
>>            Any help please ..
>>
>> Thanks
>> Karthik.
>>
>>  Try adding skip-name-resolve on your mysql.conf file; long connection
> times sometimes are caused by the server trying to resolve, and with many
> people connecting can sometimes slow the server to a halt!
>
> Make sure that your users table has IP addresses instead of host names on
> the user table eg. 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost (since mysql wount resolve
> anymore)
>
> --
> Jangita | +256 76 91 8383 | Y! & MSN: jangita@stripped
> Skype: jangita | GTalk: jangita.nyagudi@stripped

cant establish connection at application side.karthik kumar2 Sep
  • Re: cant establish connection at application side.Michael Dykman2 Sep
    • Re: cant establish connection at application side.karthik kumar2 Sep
      • Re: cant establish connection at application side.Leslie Doak2 Sep
  • Re: cant establish connection at application side.Jangita2 Sep
    • Re: cant establish connection at application side.karthik kumar2 Sep
      • Re: cant establish connection at application side.Jangita3 Sep