List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:a.smith Date:September 2 2010 3:51pm
Subject:Re: Replication VS Cluster
View as plain text
Quoting Jangita <jangita@stripped>:

> Simply put: I want a solution that ensures that server 2 has all the
> data at server 1 at any point in time; say server 1 suddenly fell
> into a pond :) . I wouldnt want to open server 2 and find the last
> insert/update/delete missing...

Ok so that rules out any asynchronous replication (MySQL replication
for example).
So options available would include, HA clustering with a shared fibre
channel RAID array. Or synchronous replication over the network using
something like DRBD or HAST (on FreeBSD), plus any other suggestions
from others... :P

Thread
Replication VS ClusterJangita2 Sep
  • Re: Replication VS ClusterJohan De Meersman2 Sep
    • Re: Replication VS ClusterJangita2 Sep
  • Re: Replication VS Clustera.smith2 Sep
    • Re: Replication VS ClusterJangita2 Sep
      • RE: Replication VS ClusterNeil Aggarwal2 Sep