List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jangita Date:September 2 2010 3:50pm
Subject:Re: cant establish connection at application side.
View as plain text
On 02/09/2010 4:57 p, karthik kumar wrote:
> Hi .. I am facing a problem in mysql.
>
>           I am getting error  'Can not open connection' at the application
> side  which happens at random timings.   What i found was at whenever the
> problem occurs it takes 70 secs for connecting to mysql server. The machine
> is a high end quad core, 16 GB ram, dedicated for mysql
>
>   I guess its problem is with my configurations.   My guess is like if i ve
> configured some buffer to x  and when when mysql is being used it keeps
> coming down and slows down connecting time for clients ( its a  wild guess )
> ..  So can I do something to monitor the resources/ connections/ or
> something else to see what does mysql lacks when connection time reaches 70
> secs or my application gets a 'Can not open connection' problem so that I
> give a larger value for that thing  ..
>            Certainly changing (timout's .. or something else ) in application
> would solve but thats not a solution for my situation .. i have configured
> max number of connections to 500 .. and the total number of connections
> hardly reach 100 ..
>             Any help please ..
>
> Thanks
> Karthik.

Try adding skip-name-resolve on your mysql.conf file; long connection
times sometimes are caused by the server trying to resolve, and with
many people connecting can sometimes slow the server to a halt!

Make sure that your users table has IP addresses instead of host names
on the user table eg. 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost (since mysql wount
resolve anymore)

--
Jangita | +256 76 91 8383 | Y! & MSN: jangita@stripped
Skype: jangita | GTalk: jangita.nyagudi@stripped