List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:karthik kumar Date:September 2 2010 3:29pm
Subject:Re: cant establish connection at application side.
View as plain text
I am running a tool  which just makes connection and closes it  (using JDBC)
.. The JDBC connection never says 'Can not establish connection' .. I just
says  ' at this time '  took  70 secs  to establish a connection .. So my
guess was network was not a problem,( since connection was established but
takes extra time )  .. The application says  'Can not establish connection'
=> cant establish connection in a specified timeout..

Am i guessing anything wrong or can I get any ideas please ?

Thanks
Karthik.

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 8:32 PM, Michael Dykman <mdykman@stripped> wrote:

> You might want to have a good close look at the state of your network
> before you consider mysql as a cause..
>
>  - michael dykman
>
> On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 10:57 AM, karthik kumar <kumarkarthikn@stripped>
> wrote:
> > Hi .. I am facing a problem in mysql.
> >
> >         I am getting error  'Can not open connection' at the application
> > side  which happens at random timings.   What i found was at whenever the
> > problem occurs it takes 70 secs for connecting to mysql server. The
> machine
> > is a high end quad core, 16 GB ram, dedicated for mysql
> >
> >  I guess its problem is with my configurations.   My guess is like if i
> ve
> > configured some buffer to x  and when when mysql is being used it keeps
> > coming down and slows down connecting time for clients ( its a  wild
> guess )
> > ..  So can I do something to monitor the resources/ connections/ or
> > something else to see what does mysql lacks when connection time reaches
> 70
> > secs or my application gets a 'Can not open connection' problem so that I
> > give a larger value for that thing  ..
> >          Certainly changing (timout's .. or something else ) in
> application
> > would solve but thats not a solution for my situation .. i have
> configured
> > max number of connections to 500 .. and the total number of connections
> > hardly reach 100 ..
> >           Any help please ..
> >
> > Thanks
> > Karthik.
> >

> --
>  - michael dykman
>  - mdykman@stripped
>
>  May the Source be with you.

Thread
cant establish connection at application side.karthik kumar2 Sep
  • Re: cant establish connection at application side.Michael Dykman2 Sep
    • Re: cant establish connection at application side.karthik kumar2 Sep
      • Re: cant establish connection at application side.Leslie Doak2 Sep
  • Re: cant establish connection at application side.Jangita2 Sep
    • Re: cant establish connection at application side.karthik kumar2 Sep
      • Re: cant establish connection at application side.Jangita3 Sep