List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jangita Date:September 2 2010 2:58pm
Subject:Re: Replication VS Cluster
View as plain text
On 02/09/2010 4:35 p, a.smith@stripped wrote:
> Clustering is a general term, do you know which one you are comparing
> with replication? Clustering most typically refers to high availability
> clustering or high performance clustering, which wouldnt
> necessarily/normally imply any copy of the actual data.
>
> If you want a copy of your data on another server, replication is the
> obvious choice. Assuming the realities of replication arent a problem
> with respect to your requirements, ie replication is asynchronous...
>
> Andy.

True.

Simply put: I want a solution that ensures that server 2 has all the
data at server 1 at any point in time; say server 1 suddenly fell into a
pond :) . I wouldnt want to open server 2 and find the last
insert/update/delete missing...

--
Jangita | +256 76 91 8383 | Y! & MSN: jangita@stripped
Skype: jangita | GTalk: jangita.nyagudi@stripped