List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:karthik kumar Date:September 2 2010 2:57pm
Subject:cant establish connection at application side.
View as plain text
Hi .. I am facing a problem in mysql.

         I am getting error  'Can not open connection' at the application
side  which happens at random timings.   What i found was at whenever the
problem occurs it takes 70 secs for connecting to mysql server. The machine
is a high end quad core, 16 GB ram, dedicated for mysql

 I guess its problem is with my configurations.   My guess is like if i ve
configured some buffer to x  and when when mysql is being used it keeps
coming down and slows down connecting time for clients ( its a  wild guess )
..  So can I do something to monitor the resources/ connections/ or
something else to see what does mysql lacks when connection time reaches 70
secs or my application gets a 'Can not open connection' problem so that I
give a larger value for that thing  ..
          Certainly changing (timout's .. or something else ) in application
would solve but thats not a solution for my situation .. i have configured
max number of connections to 500 .. and the total number of connections
hardly reach 100 ..
           Any help please ..

Thanks
Karthik.

Thread
cant establish connection at application side.karthik kumar2 Sep
  • Re: cant establish connection at application side.Michael Dykman2 Sep
    • Re: cant establish connection at application side.karthik kumar2 Sep
      • Re: cant establish connection at application side.Leslie Doak2 Sep
  • Re: cant establish connection at application side.Jangita2 Sep
    • Re: cant establish connection at application side.karthik kumar2 Sep
      • Re: cant establish connection at application side.Jangita3 Sep