List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:September 2 2010 9:40am
Subject:Re: How to dump MySQL data on remote server using mysqldump
View as plain text
From the mysqldump manpage, on the -T option:

Note
> This option should be used only when mysqldump is run on the same machine
> as the mysqld server. You must have the FILE privilege, and the server must
> have permission to write files in the directory that you specify.

In other words, you've probably found a loophole that allows you do do
serverside dumps remotely using mysqldump :-)

Given that this is not what you intended, I suggest you either remove the -T
and get SQL-format dumps; or go through the documentation again and find
another way to do what you want :-)

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn

Thread
How to dump MySQL data on remote server using mysqldumpJames Corteciano2 Sep
  • RE: How to dump MySQL data on remote server using mysqldumpRolando Edwards2 Sep
  • Re: How to dump MySQL data on remote server using mysqldumpJohan De Meersman2 Sep
  • Re: How to dump MySQL data on remote server using mysqldumpJangita2 Sep