List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:James Corteciano Date:September 2 2010 5:19am
Subject:How to dump MySQL data on remote server using mysqldump
View as plain text
Hi,

I have mysql server separated from web server. My problem is, when I dump
the data from database using the command "mysqldump -uuser -p -h
mysql_server -t -T /tmp/dbname database_name" on web server, all data were
dumped to the /tmp/dbname of mysql server and not inside of web server.

[web]$ mysqldump -uuser -p -h mysql_server -t -T /tmp/dbname database_name
[web]$ ll /tmp/dbname
total 0

[mysql]$ ll /tmp/dbname
total 2
-rw-rw-rw- 1 mysql mysql table_name.txt

How could I put the dump data on web server and not the local disk on mysql
server?

Thanks.

Regards,
James

Thread
How to dump MySQL data on remote server using mysqldumpJames Corteciano2 Sep
  • RE: How to dump MySQL data on remote server using mysqldumpRolando Edwards2 Sep
  • Re: How to dump MySQL data on remote server using mysqldumpJohan De Meersman2 Sep
  • Re: How to dump MySQL data on remote server using mysqldumpJangita2 Sep