List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tompkins Neil Date:September 1 2010 8:29pm
Subject:Best method to keep totals
View as plain text
Hi,

I'm developing a system whereby a manager gets assigned points based a
certain number of factors which are saved alongside a football result.
 However, I also want to keep a total for each manager.  My question is it
best to just have a query that uses SUM to total the managers points gained
for each fixture participated in ?  Or should I be looking to have
a separate field which is the calculated total for each manager ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Cheers
Neil

Thread
Best method to keep totalsTompkins Neil1 Sep
  • RE: Best method to keep totalsJerry Schwartz1 Sep
    • Re: Best method to keep totalsTompkins Neil1 Sep
  • Re: Best method to keep totalsJangita3 Sep
    • Re: Best method to keep totalsArthur Fuller3 Sep
      • Re: Best method to keep totalsMark Goodge3 Sep
        • Re: Best method to keep totalsArthur Fuller4 Sep
          • Re: Best method to keep totalsNeil Tompkins5 Sep
            • Re: Best method to keep totalsTompkins Neil6 Sep
RE: Best method to keep totalsJan Steinman2 Sep
  • RE: Best method to keep totalsJerry Schwartz2 Sep
    • Re: Best method to keep totalsJan Steinman3 Sep