List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:August 27 2010 8:56pm
Subject:Re: dynamic alias?
View as plain text
It would be easiest if you showed us the query you are using but the
simple column alias has been in MySQL since v2

SELECT foo, count(*) bar AS mycount FROM...

In keeping with SQL practice, the 'AS' keyword is optional but it does
make it easier to see the syntax.

This is equivalent:

SELECT foo, count(*) bar mycount FROM...

 - michael dykman

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 2:59 PM, Eric Bloomquist
<Eric_Bloomquist@stripped> wrote:
> Thanks, PREPARE certainly has some potential.
>
> Unfortunately, when I try to use that sort of thing inside of a Cognos
> report, it complains that "At least one expression in the Select clause
> is missing the AS clause to make it a proper alias."
>
> (Sorry I didn't include the Cognos context -- it didn't occur to me that
> it'd be relevant.)
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

 May the Source be with you.
Thread
dynamic alias?Eric Bloomquist27 Aug
  • Re: dynamic alias?Peter Brawley27 Aug
    • RE: dynamic alias?Eric Bloomquist27 Aug
      • Re: dynamic alias?Michael Dykman27 Aug
  • RE: dynamic alias?Steven Staples27 Aug