List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Farr Date:April 22 1999 3:49am
Subject:php
View as plain text
ok ...  I feel stupid
I am trying to install the mysql library into php3 so I can do web things
with my database
I have Apache/1.3.3 and PHP Version 3.0.5, which are working fine.  I would
like to be able to use funcitons like mysql_connect() in php.  To do this I
downloaded the source for php, and apache and do these things

1.  gunzip apache_1.3.x.tar.gz
2.  tar xvf apache_1.3.x.tar
3.  gunzip php-3.0.x.tar.gz
4.  tar xvf php-3.0.x.tar
5.  cd apache_1.3.x
6.  ./configure --prefix=/www
7.  cd ../php-3.0.x
8.  ./configure --with-mysql --with-apache=../apache_1.3.x --enable-track-vars
9.  make
10. make install
11. cd ../apache_1.3.x
12. ./configure --prefix=/www --activate-module=src/modules/php3/libphp3.a
13. make
14. make install

which I did ... only it couldn't find the mysql header file and I got this
error
functions/mysql.c:67: mysql.h: No such file or directory

now where do I get this file from, do I copy the one from the mysql source
directory into
/SOURCES/php-3.0.5/functions

ta

The limits of my language mean the limits of my world. --Ludwig Wittgenstein
Thread
phpMichael Farr22 Apr
  • Re: phpSasha Pachev22 Apr
  • Re: phpDavor Cengija22 Apr
    • intersection in SQL with only one table ?chas22 Apr
      • RE: intersection in SQL with only one table ?Don Read22 Apr
        • RE: intersection in SQL with only one table ?chas22 Apr
          • RE: intersection in SQL with only one table ?Don Read22 Apr
      • Re: intersection in SQL with only one table ?Robin Bowes22 Apr
        • Re: intersection in SQL with only one table ?Alex Krohn22 Apr
          • Re: intersection in SQL with only one table ?chas23 Apr
  • Re: intersection in SQL with only one table ?Robin Bowes22 Apr
Re: phpPhilip Diller22 Apr